Punjabi Yakhni Pulao Recipe
The Punjab province of Pakistan is known for its great taste and aromatic recipes and sooperchef is proud to add the delectable Punjabi Yakhni Pulao to its long list of tasty Pakistani recipes. This tasty and aromatic rice recipe is one of the most relished recipes of Pakistan and is loved by foodies of all ages. Sometimes the pulao recipe is confused with biryani but there is a great deal of difference between the preparation methods and ingredients of the both. The main difference between biryani and pulao is that the pulao is seasoned with broth or stock while the biryani is seasoned with spices and herbs. However, the pulao is said to be the forerunner of the modern biryani recipe as pulao was one of the very first rice and meat combinations that were prepared in the Indian subcontinent around four thousand years ago. The contemporary variants of the pulao are prepared using mutton, lamb, veal, beef, chicken and sometimes fish. Dried fruits and nuts like almonds pistachios and walnuts are often used for garnishing purposes. Pulao is prepared for special occasions like weddings, social gatherings and functions like weddings as well as normal day lunches. It is mostly served with zeera raita, mint and yogurt chutney for added flavor and taste.
The complete recipe of the delicious Punjabi Yakhni Pulao available here.
- Bony Meat Chicken/Mutton/Beef 750gm
- Yogurt 3/4 cup
- Mehran Basmati Rice (soaked- 30min) 750gm
- Mehran Ginger Paste 2.5 tbsp
- Mehran Garlic Paste 1.5 tbsp
- Onions 3-4 sliced
- Oil/ghee 1 cup
- Mehran Punjabi Yakhni Pulao 1 packet
- Heat oil (2 tbsp) and add meat, Mehran Ginger & Garlic paste, Mehran Punjabi Yakhni Pulao Masala and fry for 3 min. Now add 4 glass of water in it. Cover and cook on medium heat until meat becomes tender.
- When 3 glasses of water remain, take out meat and strain the stock by discarding the whole spices.
- In a separate pan Heat oil and fry onions till they turn golden, then dish out onion and let it cool down. Crush and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add meat and yogurt with fried onions and cook it for 5 min. Then add stock, boil on high heat and add rice.
- Cover and cook (15 min) until rice cooked properly. Remove and mix before serving.
Garnish / Serving:
- Garnish with slightly roasted almonds, cashew nuts and fried onions.
- Serving for 6-8 persons.
Chicken 45 min- Mutton/Beef 1-2 hours.